PRIVACY AND PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION POLICY
At Montreal West Dentistry we strongly believe in the importance of protecting the personal information of our customers, employees and representatives (hereinafter referred to as "you", "your"). We are subject to the Private Sector Privacy Act, and as such, we are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the personal information we collect in the course of our business.
- Account means a single account created for you to access our website or parts of it.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on your computer, mobile device or other device by a website, containing details of your browsing history on that website, among its many uses.
- Device means any device - a computer, mobile phone or digital tablet - that is able to access the Website.
- Personal information or data means any information or intelligence relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes this data on behalf of Montreal West Dentistry. These are third party companies or individuals retained by Montreal West Dentistry to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of Montreal West Dentistry to perform services related to the Service or to assist Montreal West Dentistry in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third Party Service means any website or social networking site through which a user may log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data means data collected automatically, whether generated by the use of the website or by the website infrastructure itself (e.g. the length of a visit to a page).
- Website means the website of Montreal West Dentistry accessible at https://www.com
- User means the individual who accesses or uses the Website, or the company or legal entity on whose behalf that individual accesses or uses the Website, as the case may be.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of our users and only collect and use personal information with their consent and as permitted or required by law.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, except where restricted by law or applicable contracts. We will inform you of the consequences of such withdrawal, including the possibility that we may not be able to supply a product or process a request. Please note that your decision to withdraw your consent will be recorded in our records.
In certain circumstances, we may need to collect, use or disclose personal information without your consent. This may occur when legal, medical or security reasons make it impossible or impractical to obtain your consent, or when the information is collected for the investigation of a possible breach of contract, the prevention or detection of fraud, or for law enforcement purposes.
COLLECTION AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you use our website, we may ask you to provide certain personal information that may be used to contact or identify you. This information may include, but is not limited to: Contact information such as name, address, email address and telephone number;
- Biographical information such as job title, employer;
- Marketing communication preferences and related information, such as feedback and responses to surveys or other information;
- Financial and billing information such as billing address, bank account, credit card number and other payment information;
- Service information, such as details of the services we have provided to you;
- Usage data may include information such as the IP address of your device, the type of browser you are using, the browser version, the pages of our website you visit, the date and time of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data;
- If you access our website via a mobile device, we may automatically collect certain information, including the type of mobile device you are using, the unique identifier of your mobile device, the IP address of your mobile device, the operating system of your mobile device, the type of mobile Internet browser you are using, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- We may also collect information that your browser sends when you visit our website or access our website via a mobile device.
- Any other personal information provided. Please note that if you provide us with personal information about other individuals (such as family members), you must ensure that you have given those individuals appropriate notice that you are providing their information to us and that you have obtained their consent to such disclosure.
WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR THE FOLLOWING PURPOSES
The collection, use and disclosure of personal information by Montreal West Dentistry shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes for which it is collected.
Montreal West Dentistry collects personal information for a variety of reasons, including: Responding to your requests;
- Process payments and issue receipts ;
- The management of our human resources and service agreements ;
- Respect your withdrawal choices;
- To operate, maintain, improve and provide all the features of the website, to provide the services and information requested by you, to respond to comments and queries and to provide assistance to users of the website;
- To provide and improve our website, to understand how users interact with our website and to personalize your online experience. In addition, we may use your information to manage your account as a user of the website, including to provide you with access to various features and to respond to your requests.
- We may also use your information to send you marketing communications or to inform you of any important changes to our website or our business. Please note that we will not share your information with third parties for marketing
- To send information, special offers and news about our products, services and events similar to those you have already purchased or have expressed interest in in accordance with applicable laws regarding commercial electronic messages. If you no longer wish to receive such communications, you may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions provided in our emails or by contacting us directly.
THE ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION
We will make every effort to ensure that your personal information is as accurate and complete as is necessary for the purposes of its collection, use or disclosure.
We use tracking technologies such as cookies, tags and scripts to improve and analyze our website. We use temporary and persistent cookies for a variety of reasons, including to provide the services available on the website, to authenticate users, to personalize the user experience and to track information about website traffic and usage.
Some cookies are essential to provide the services requested and to prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. We also use persistent cookies to remember user choices, such as logins and language preferences, to enhance the user experience.
We also use persistent tracking and performance cookies to track website traffic information and to test new pages, features or functionality on the website to observe user reaction. These cookies may be administered by third parties and may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor.
Conversion pixels, also known as "clear GIFs" or "spy pixels", are tiny images, usually a single pixel, that can be placed on a web page or in an email to tell us when you have viewed that page or opened that email and to analyze response rates.
RETENTION AND DESTRUCTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will also retain usage data for internal analysis. This data is generally kept for a shorter period of time, unless it is used to enhance the security or improve the functionality of our website, or we are legally obliged to keep it for longer.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your data, including your personal data, is processed at our operational offices and at any other location where the parties involved in such processing (such as our service providers) are located. This means that this information may be transferred to computers located outside your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction. As a result, under certain circumstances, foreign governments, courts, law enforcement agencies or regulatory bodies may be permitted to access personal data collected and held under our control.
SALE OR TRANSFER OF BUSINESS OR ASSETS
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have put in place appropriate physical, technical and administrative security measures to protect the personal data you provide to us from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. These measures are regularly reviewed and improved to ensure the optimal protection of your data.
Although we do our best to protect your personal data, it is important to bear in mind that no method of transmission via the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure. We therefore cannot guarantee their absolute security.
It is also important to note that we cannot be held responsible for personal data that you share with other users or that you post in public areas such as our blogs. These public areas can be viewed or accessed by anyone visiting our website and are therefore not covered by this policy.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 13. By using our website, you represent that you are at least 13 years old. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to send us any personal information. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a user under the age of 13, we will attempt to delete that information from our files and records immediately. We also encourage website users under the age of 13 to ask their parent or guardian for permission before sending any information about themselves over the Internet.
If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided in the following section.
You have the right to know whether we hold personal information about you and to see that information. You also have the right to ask how we have collected your information, how we have used it and to whom it may have been disclosed.
Subject to applicable law, upon receipt of a written request from an individual and verification of their identity, we will inform the individual whether we hold personal information about them and disclose that information to them.
We may deny an individual access to his or her information in accordance with applicable law, in which case we will provide reasons for denying access.
Any request for access to the information or request for modification can be sent to the person responsible for the protection of personal information (Privacy Officer) at the following address:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: 12 Avenue Brock North, Montreal West, H4X 2E9
COMPLAINTS AND CONCERNS
Our staff and representatives are trained to respond to questions or concerns about your personal information. If you are not satisfied with the response from our employee or representative, you may contact the Privacy Officer at the above address.